Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fkntotalkaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Having problems finding the correct method to jailbreak OS 3.1.2, please point me in the correct direction. The sticky is very old

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Having problems finding the correct method to jailbreak OS 3.1.2, please point me in the correct direction. The sticky is very old

1. Download blackra1n on your PC/Mac from blackra1n.com (click on the appropriate icon for which system you're using).

2. Run blackra1n.

3. Open blackra1n on your phone and install Cydia.

4. Enjoy.

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
blackra1n. dude you must have been searching very strangely, just could have typed in on google "how to jailbreak an iphone" blackra1n would probably have been the first one, its free, and it jailbreaks it in about 45 seconds, instead of that hour long redsn0w and pwnage tool ****.

fkntotalkaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
1. Download blackra1n on your PC/Mac from blackra1n.com (click on the appropriate icon for which system you're using).

2. Run blackra1n.

3. Open blackra1n on your phone and install Cydia.

4. Enjoy.

Ok I am retarded, after spending 3 + hrs on other stuff, and failing I cant even understand these directions.

Got the Run blackra1n for mac clicked it... now what do i do? "
3. Open blackra1n on your phone and install Cydia." :confused:

Plugged in phone looks like it is jailbreaking, if this was it, I am jumping off a bridge, cause damn this was simple...
thanks for the help, worked like a charm, 33 seconds and enjoying

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 32

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Ok I am retarded, after spending 3 + hrs on other stuff, and failing I cant even understand these directions.

Got the Run blackra1n for mac clicked it... now what do i do? "
3. Open blackra1n on your phone and install Cydia." :confused:

Plugged in phone looks like it is jailbreaking, if this was it, I am jumping off a bridge, cause damn this was simple...
thanks for the help, worked like a charm, 33 seconds and enjoying

This post is slightly confusing. Did you get it working?

fkntotalkaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
This post is slightly confusing. Did you get it working?

Yes , sorry I was so happy. It took around 33 seconds. At first it was so easy I thought I messed something up. Now if I can get my Tethering to work again, I will be good to go

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.