iPad Looking for Anti-glare and case for iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ABishop, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ABishop macrumors newbie

Happy Holidays Everyone.

This is my first post here. I am a pilot and looking into simplifying the cockpit by getting an iPad Air. However, I do not care much for the shiny screen since it make it very hard to read charts and data in the plane.

I need your input on the best anti-glare and case for iPad Air.

Based on my research it looks like Power Support or Mediadevil might have the best anti-glare protection to iPad with retina display with minimal distortion. Anyone using these products and have any feedback? Suggestions on other products that might be better are appreciated.

I would appreciate any close-up pics on how much these anti-glare covers distort the retina display.

In regards to cases, I am looking at the Griffin Survivor the Gumdrop Drop Tech. Any suggestions for a good case to really protect against accidental drops during pre-flights?

Thank you.

2. PCtoMAC1 macrumors regular

PCtoMAC1

Hi! I'll have to take some pics, though I ALWAYS go with the Power Support Anti-glare screen protector and the Otterbox Defender case. I have each one on my new Retina iPad Mini.

----------

I also have the Griffin case on my iPad 2 at work. It is really loose and it adds a lot of weight to the iPad. I will never buy one of those again!

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Tech Armor is my favorite screen protector company for many years. I always recommend them:
    Can't be the price with the lifetime warranty.
    Tech Armor Apple iPad Air (Generation 5) Premium High Definition (HD) Antiglare Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [2-PACK] - Retail Packaging
    http://amzn.com/B00EL93M3S

4. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Plus 1 on Power Support, never leave home without it.

5. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I've always been a loyal Power Support Crystal clear protector user but this year tried the Tech Armor due to Power Support taking so long to come out with theirs. I have no complaints wit the Tech Armor, and can't beat them with the price and free replacements.

6. ABishop thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for you input and I would appreciate any pics of both Power Support and Tech Armor.

I would really like to see how much the anti-glares distort the image quality? I can live with minimal but don't want major distortion that can make the small chart details hard to read.

Any other thoughts on the Griffin Survivor vs. Gumdrop Drop Tech vs. Otterbox Defender?