Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
& in turn, assign a larger footprint to left click (say 2/3 for left & 1/3 for right). I've got big hands & the way I hold the mouse, I'm always right clicking when I mean to left click (I hit it a little right of middle too often).

Is there an app that can do this?

SidewaysTakumi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I believe BetterTouchTool can do this but I've been trying to configure it and can't quite figure it out.

Maybe someone else can chime in because j have the same problem.

ccf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I believe BetterTouchTool can do this but I've been trying to configure it and can't quite figure it out.

Maybe someone else can chime in because j have the same problem.

Enabling the middle zone for left click in MagicPrefs is the solution. I left my regular settings the same (in System Preferences) & the combination of those two essentially makes the left click/right click a 2/3-1/3 setup just like I wanted.

That's all I was really interested in doing & it works like a charm. :)

getheledout,
Thanks for the info.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Glad you figured it out.

I was about to tell you to get smaller hands.

ccf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Just keep 2 fingers on the mouse right?

Right, but it's not as easy as it sounds when you have large hands. It's not as bad on most mice, but the Magic Mouse is fairly small & it's much more comfortable for me to only keep my index finger on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.