Looking for app that will assign smaller footprint to right click on Magic Mouse...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ccf, Mar 16, 2011.

1. ccf macrumors regular

& in turn, assign a larger footprint to left click (say 2/3 for left & 1/3 for right). I've got big hands & the way I hold the mouse, I'm always right clicking when I mean to left click (I hit it a little right of middle too often).

Is there an app that can do this?

2. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I believe BetterTouchTool can do this but I've been trying to configure it and can't quite figure it out.

Maybe someone else can chime in because j have the same problem.

3. getheledout macrumors member

I think MagicPrefs can allow you to pick where the "target" points are for each function. In addition, it allows you to add more swipe and tap features.

4. ccf thread starter macrumors regular

Enabling the middle zone for left click in MagicPrefs is the solution. I left my regular settings the same (in System Preferences) & the combination of those two essentially makes the left click/right click a 2/3-1/3 setup just like I wanted.

That's all I was really interested in doing & it works like a charm. :)

getheledout,
    Thanks for the info.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Glad you figured it out.

I was about to tell you to get smaller hands.

6. Jhingha macrumors regular

Jhingha

7. ccf thread starter macrumors regular

I hear ya, LOL.

8. ccf thread starter macrumors regular

Right, but it's not as easy as it sounds when you have large hands. It's not as bad on most mice, but the Magic Mouse is fairly small & it's much more comfortable for me to only keep my index finger on it.