Looking for App to block calls between certain times.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ryanparanich, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ryanparanich macrumors newbie

Like most people, my calling is only free during evening hours. I would greatly appreciate if someone could link me to an app that will block out callers between certain hours of the day during weekdays.

If no such app exists, somebody quick, get on that! There's money to be made ;)

Thanks for your time. I'll also keep searching and let you know if I turn anything up.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

3. baslotto macrumors regular

Airplane mode is free and it blocks anything.

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Start using Google voice and route calls to voicemail when you don't want to receive them.

5. amandapanda801 macrumors member

amandapanda801

That would be an AWESOME app.. I would use it on nights I feel like texting an ex or something bhahah. No but seriously I need to not call during the daytime so this would really help.

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

+1

7. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

As said above, Airplane mode. Kills all known calls, dead. Plus it's free.

8. vettori macrumors 6502a

If you don't need a filter to choose who can and who can't contact you than the airplane mode is perfect if you don't need to use the phone to read your email, surf the web, etc...

If you want to still use the phone but not receive calls, some carriers have codes you can use to send all incoming calls to voicemail. Check with your carrier if it's supported.

Alas, apps can't do anything related to phone calls except to make calls.

9. JulianL macrumors 65816

Sadly, if you expect to find or sell it on the App store then this can't be done. Apple don't expose the necessary interfaces to developers to allow them to control the state of the various radios (WiFi, Bluetooth, phone). There are apps that run on jailbroken phones but anything submitted to the app store would be rejected by Apple for using illegal APIs. It's a real shame.

The much derided Windows Mobile 6 had some great apps of this type that could turn on and off aeroplane mode on a set schedule (e.g. overnight when you don't want calls and might as well save battery), look in your calendar and spot key words to indicate that you are on a plane or in a meeting and automatically set aeroplane mode or silent mode respectively, even use location services to detect when you're at home so that in the house you have WiFi on and data services off and elsewhere you have data services on and WiFi off. If only Apple would open up the necessary APIs we could have this sort of great stuff on the iPhone.

- Julian

10. mamema macrumors regular

11. tjwaggoner macrumors regular

Just dont answer your phone????

12. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31

+2.... and you don't need an invite anymore.