Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
When I'm at home, I have a LOT of devices connected to my MBP through an USB hub, but it's really annoying to disconnect all these devices seperately before I can actually disconnect the USB cable ...

Is there an app/script/whatever that will let me disconnect all my USB/FW devices at once?

hughvane

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
Hi - I think the lack of replies indicates that there is no simple 'do-it-all-at-once' solution. It's possible someone will come up with a script that will do what you want.

There is one ultra-basic answer though - switch off your computer. You'd still have to pull the USB hub plug though, if you didn't want the devices to mount again on startup. But at least with a hub, all you have to do is pull that one plug while the computer is off.

I too run a lot of (up to 8) devices via three USB hubs, but I disconnect/unmount only five of them as required - and I switch my computer off overnight. The rest (eg. keyboard, mouse) stay connected, or I switch them off individually after unmounting them. It's a minor inconvenience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.