Looking for Apple Macintosh Portable

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by sethhope, May 5, 2011.

1. sethhope macrumors newbie

I am looking for a cheap (under $100) working 1989 mac portable. i have many computers from the late 80's and early 90's, and this will complete my '89 section. if you have one, or know where i can get one, please email me a link at support@jcamtech.com. Thanks :D

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Working ones sell for over $100. Good luck.

3. MBP13 macrumors 6502

MBP13

^Yep, and I think if the OP wants to get a good, working one, he should want to pay a good price for one.

After all, aren't those extremely hard to find in working order nowadays since they had those bad batteries that go/went bad?

4. sethhope thread starter macrumors newbie

I can find/make a battery... i just need the computer itself to work.

5. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

If you want to advertise, you need to post in the marketplace forum (250 posts+) and put out a want ad. Nobody is going to sell you a working Macintosh Portable for under $100.

6. Apple2 macrumors member

Apple2

I'd check eBay for one labeled "as-is". Most of the people selling them don't have a clue what they're worth, and you can get them cheap. I got mine, which came with original power cord and mouse, for 50 bucks. Seller said it wouldn't power on, didn't know what was wrong with it. Turns out the 9v battery was from the 80's! Replaced it and the thing booted right off. Big lead 6v was fine too!

Good luck,