Looking for Apple Watch Sport Series 2 on Amazon...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ArtOfWarfare, Oct 11, 2016.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

I'm looking for help buying the Apple Watch. I'm not sure if it's better to ask in "Buying Tips and Advice", which would be perfect, except it's underneath Macs for some reason (as if every other piece of hardware Apple makes isn't a product to be bought?), or if I should ask under Apple Watch, which is a sea of everything that is possibly related to the Apple Watch where I feel like this post would just get lost and drowned out in the noise.

Anyways, I'm looking to buy an Apple Watch Sport, Series 2, 38mm Rose Gold w/ Pink Sand band. I have a $100 Amazon Gift Card that I'd like to spend on this.

Seems like this should be trivial, except I can't for the life of me find the product on Amazon. I can't find any Apple Watch Sport Series 2 in any size or color on Amazon, for that matter. Could someone help me with finding it, or let me know if they definitely don't have it?

2. PilotWoo macrumors regular

You can't find it because the product doesn't exist. The series 2 doesn't have sport model. Its just the Apple Watch series 2. Just search for Apple Watch series 2.

3. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

This is the exact product that I'm looking for, from Apple's website.
    http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch...reSelect=false&product=MNNY2LL/A&step=detail#

I can't find this same product on Amazon's website. I have no problem finding it on Best Buy or Macy's website (those are just two that I've tried, checking if other retailers have it - but I have the Amazon gift card that I want to spend on this.)

I'm able to find the Apple Watch Series 2 in Stainless Steel (which is over $500), but not in Aluminum (which is under $400.)

4. Newjackboy macrumors 6502

Serious what's going on with Apple ? Only 1 or 2 models of series 2 Apple Watch are currently in stock. The rest have a 3-4 week wait. Pathetic

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

It can take a while for the latest Apple stuff to appear on Amazon simple as that. They are unauthorised Apple sellers and it takes a while for them To get stock

6. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

Ok. Any idea when it'll show up? I'm looking to get it for my wife's birthday on November 24th...

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

None whatsoever, I live in the U.K. and we are usually a bit behind the US. It could be days for an iPhone it could be weeks for a new Mac it may be months for a watch or tomorrow very hard to tell, especially with third party sellers.

That's my birthday too though and a top pressie I doubt I'll get one!!!

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

You're better off ordering from Apples site, you should get it within the first week of November.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    Honestly I think these will be a hot item this year. When I was at the Apple Store recently the crowd around the Apple Watch table was ridiculous. It's a small store and it was packed with people just waiting to look at the watch, and a line of people waiting to try them on.