Looking for Audiobook suggestions please

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by prostuff1, May 14, 2007.

1. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

As far as i am considered the great use for an iPod is for audio books. I could (if i wanted to) read the books but i find it easier, and nicer for the 3-4 hour drives home to be able to listen to them. I might as well list some of the books i have read/listened to and then everyone can give suggestions for others.

Books read/listened to:
    1. All current Harry Potter books (I actually read these ones) - liked them a lot
    2. All 12 Left Behind books - very good and suggest them
    3. All Sherlock Holmes books - Again very good if you like the deductive reasoning
    4. The Lovely Bones (by Alice Sebold) - this one was a suggestion by my sister and I enjoyed the book
    5. The Lord of the Rings books - read the first 2 and listened to the third. Highly suggest them as it will give you an idea what what was left out of the movies
    6. Angles and Demons (by Dan Brown) - very good
    7. Da Vinci Code (by Dan Brown) - another good Dan Brown book
    8. Digital Fortress (by Dan Brown) - another good one
    9. Deception Point (by Dan Brown) - good book
    10. All the Chronicles of Narnia books - very good and I was impressed by the movie also
    11. Bridge to Teribithia (by Katherine Peterson) - not to bad

So, with those ones that i have read/listened to, what suggestion does anyone have. Feel free to list as many as you like.

Thanks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I've enjoyed the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency (Alexander McCall Smith) [read by Lisette Lecat], A Series of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket) [read by Tim Curry] and the Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich) series [unabridged versions only, read by Lorelei King].

Wouldn't be caught dead reading any of them in book form, but the narration is so well done makes for a good listen...

B

3. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I listened to most of the Shannara series (Terry Brooks) and the Ender series (Orson Scott Card). I thought they were good.

4. scttwtkns macrumors newbie

I've been listening so some great classics. The nararator is very important: Here are a couple of my favorites:

Don Quixote: Audible has serveral versions, but the one narrated by Robert Whitfield was superb!

1984: great book. Orwell was a man who saw the future.

Huck Finn: Norman Dietz is a good nararator for Mark Twain books.
    Tom Sawyer: Norman Dietz again.

5. prostuff1 thread starter macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Thanks for the suggestions!! Keep them comping