Looking for automatic itunes album art and lyrics finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blizzardnorth, Mar 20, 2009.

1. blizzardnorth macrumors member

As a former windows user I used iArt as a program to easily find lyrics and album artwork for itunes tracks.

Is there a program similar to this for mac?

I've searched and only found programs that display artwork and lyrics for currently playing music. This is not what I want.

I'm looking for a program that will go through my entire itunes library and update album art and lyrics.

Is there a program that can do this for mac?

2. bennyboyt macrumors member

Fetch Art does it, however I'm yet to find one that manages to get non-mainstream artists covers 100% correct

3. isx macrumors member

GimmeSomeTune will do it all for you! If you have a huge library to do i suggest using this script Needledrop to setup itunes to play the first few seconds of each song, during which GimmeSomeTune will update the albumart and lyrics for you!

4. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

just for a laugh the other day while in iTunes I chose "select all" then "get album artwork" and forgot that I even did it. Two days later when I was shutting down my PC iTunes was still looking for artwork.

5. blizzardnorth thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a ton!!!
    I'm using Gimmiesometune and needledrop. I set the songs to play for 10 seconds each on needledrop, and gimmiesometune is doing the rest.

Gimmiesometune is a neat program!

Thanks again!

6. isx macrumors member