looking for back film protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Moshe1010, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

Hey,

I'm looking for a back film protector only, not a case only a film.
    I tried BSE but didn't like it much, any other ideas?

2. austin571 macrumors regular

Power Support just listed theirs. Will ship on the 26th.

3. hoffmant macrumors member

I got the Phantom Skinz matte set last week & really like it. There's a clear protector for the front & matte pieces for the back & sides/top/bottom. Installation went really well--better than the Zagg I tried. It looked horrible at first--lots of bubbles--& I thought I was going to have to remove it. By the next morning, though, it looked great.

I didn't do quite so great a job on the front skin... It doesn't look the best in bright light, but I rarely notice it in use. The sent two sets for the price, though, so I can redo it if it bugs me too much.

4. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

SGP sells an Ultra Clear EX kit that has full body protection. I have their oleo phobic screen film and like it a lot. Very easy dry install.

5. Moshe1010 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They don't have only the back film. and $24 for a front + black set it's a robbery.

for that money, you can buy from SGP with a front screen protector.

I read here that they have problems with their Ultra Clear EX kit and couple of people tried to get replacement and SGP didn't answer for weeks.
    I sent them an email maybe a week ago and didn't receive any email back, don't want to deal with a company that doesn't have support.

6. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

bodyguardz and BSE have back only options if you're ok with a wet install, for more of a static cling film I'd try ebay.

7. Moshe1010 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried BSE, didn't like it because it kind of sticky and dust magnet, I want something that you can't feel and notice that it's there.

8. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Oops yeah I just noticed that in the original post. I don't know of any static cling brands that sell just the back, you can get full sets on eBay for just a couple of bucks shipped though so that may be your best bet as clarity etc aren't as important for the back. Or maybe the matte one from Phantomskinz? It's rubbery like BSE but would be less sticky/dust magnet due to the finish.

9. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Zagg sells back protectors separately which is what I ordered. It's not exactly cheap but with one of the coupon codes floating around here it's manageable. I should be getting the screen in a day or two so I'll update if desired

10. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

11. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

For the back I went Zagg Invis Shield. Since its the back I could care less about orange peel effect - I put a premium on protection for the back. Clarity issues aside, I believe Zagg to be the strongest of the films.