Looking for bedside charging sounddock for iP4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by map1978, Jul 24, 2010.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Anyone using something that sounds decent for a bedroom/dining room type atmosphere?

Something portable who be a plus too

$75-200 range

Every old dock I have wont charge the phone and play music

Thanks for any help or links given :D

2. gigemzach macrumors 6502

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iHome+-...oc=01&id=1218092151683#tabbed-customerreviews

This is the one I have and I love it! It works with all my old iPods and my 3GS and iPhone 4. It has 3 alarms which is nice, and many other cool touches.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'm using the Vesta Ladybug sold on the Apple site. It's not listed as compatible as it was released well prior to the iPhone 4 launch, so it throws the "do you wish to use airplane mode?" message occasionally when I plug the 4 into it--but then again, I had the same issue with my original iPhone and every speaker dock I own, so I'm used to it! It has a universal dock, which I'm using without inserts as my phone has a bumper. So far, it plays and charges just fine, and the portability is terrific; runs off either AC current or 4 AA's. I routinely move it around the house and out to the back deck to Play music or stream baseball games through MLB At Bat.

Unfortunately, it looks like Apple has discontinued the all black model, leaving just the black and red version. I have that one, but the color scheme isn't for everyone!

4. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

I have the iHome ip9 which is great. It's not exactly portable but there is a battery backup so you won't lose your settings/alarms if the power goes out. It has a remote, backlight levels, and two alarms.

There are built-in alarms too so you can use it without the phone/iPod.

I use mine with my 3G but if the iPhone 4 doesn't work I'll just remove the dock insert and/or rig something up.

Not sure if it's still available though! :confused: