Looking for best iOS app for Yahoo Messenger

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by creativedogmedia, Jan 13, 2014.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Looking for best alternative to the native Yahoo Messenger iOS 7 app (which for some reason isnt showing any of my contacts and when it does it shows them all offline and I can't see any of my replies). I am trying IMO and it seems ok but looking for any other suggestions...One of my only requirements is that it still has to show as if I werent using anything other than native on my laptop (i.e. no taglines/ads/etc.)

Thanks.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

BeeJive?

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I use Trillian. Supports all major IM protocols.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

6. Yogomi macrumors member

Yogomi

I've used just about all the ones listed and currently only using imo on iPhone and iPad.

-Y...

7. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Update to this....I picked up IM+ Pro7 for iOS and like it a lot. I also use the browser plugin and like it except for when smaller windows pop up. I am trying to push my company in the Skype only direction, eliminating the need for any multi-client app like IM+. Until then, is there anything for Mac that incorporates Yahoo and Skype?

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can use various ones like imo and IM+ just within a browser on a Mac. As far as an actual app, I believe Trillian has one you can install and should support Yahoo! and Skype.

There are certainly various other good ones for Mac like iChat and Adium, but while they support many services, including Yahoo!, they don't seem to have Skype support unfortunately.