Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Looking for best alternative to the native Yahoo Messenger iOS 7 app (which for some reason isnt showing any of my contacts and when it does it shows them all offline and I can't see any of my replies). I am trying IMO and it seems ok but looking for any other suggestions...One of my only requirements is that it still has to show as if I werent using anything other than native on my laptop (i.e. no taglines/ads/etc.)

Thanks.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Looking for best alternative to the native Yahoo Messenger iOS 7 app (which for some reason isnt showing any of my contacts and when it does it shows them all offline and I can't see any of my replies). I am trying IMO and it seems ok but looking for any other suggestions...One of my only requirements is that it still has to show as if I werent using anything other than native on my laptop (i.e. no taglines/ads/etc.)

Thanks.
BeeJive?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Thanks.

I use Trillian. Supports all major IM protocols.

Yogomi

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2011
I've used just about all the ones listed and currently only using imo on iPhone and iPad.

-Y...

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Update to this....I picked up IM+ Pro7 for iOS and like it a lot. I also use the browser plugin and like it except for when smaller windows pop up. I am trying to push my company in the Skype only direction, eliminating the need for any multi-client app like IM+. Until then, is there anything for Mac that incorporates Yahoo and Skype?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Update to this....I picked up IM+ Pro7 for iOS and like it a lot. I also use the browser plugin and like it except for when smaller windows pop up. I am trying to push my company in the Skype only direction, eliminating the need for any multi-client app like IM+. Until then, is there anything for Mac that incorporates Yahoo and Skype?
You can use various ones like imo and IM+ just within a browser on a Mac. As far as an actual app, I believe Trillian has one you can install and should support Yahoo! and Skype.

There are certainly various other good ones for Mac like iChat and Adium, but while they support many services, including Yahoo!, they don't seem to have Skype support unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.