Looking for best plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeb467, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jeb467 macrumors newbie

Just got my iphone and activated. I am assuming I have the $20(unlim. data, 200 text, and voicemail) plan now as that is what it said when I activated through itunes. I will surf the web a lot and send occasional emails, while texting somewhat but not to the extent of an unlimited plan(unless it is a better deal). I have the 1st gen. phone not 3g. Any help would be appreciated to experts of this phone.

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

That is the only data plan there is. You can add unlimited txts for $15/month.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I don't think that 200 texts is default with the iPhone plan, is it? I mean, yes I pay 20$ a month for data/phone/and 200 texts but that's because I'm on a family plan :D. Unless you chose the box that says 200 texts when you activated..then it's different.

do they force you to check a texting plan?

4. jeb467 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am on the family plan also. I guess that is why I get the data plan/200 text. The data plan contains unlimited wifi usage and unlimited email correct? (make sure I am seeing this right). But another question is I have the unlimited family text message so does that transfer to this iphone or do I have to have this seperate text plan that is why the iphone? If so I will have to change the plan to have more than 200 text.

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yes you have unlimited WiFi, and E-Mail, but I'm not so sure about unlimited Family texts.

6. ibookg412 macrumors newbie

The unlimited family texts replace any text plans on your iPhone. That includes the plan that you have. So enjoy the unlimited texts :D

7. jeb467 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thankyou. So I have unlimited data/email/text? Just making things clear before I go balistic on the data :D

8. ibookg412 macrumors newbie

As long as you signed up for the standard data plan for the iPhone, you have unlimited data too. Go ahead and go ballistic :D

9. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

if you are soo worried why dont you check your att account online? it will tell you what you have.