Looking for Beta Testers for a Free Apple TV app

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by KevKM, Mar 21, 2019.

1. KevKM macrumors newbie

KevKM

Hey all, I'm looking for a few beta testers for a new Apple TV app that I will be releasing for free, no adds, no subscriptions, nada and I will never charge anything for the app. It's designed to help find movies or tv shows when you're not sure what you want to watch. A problem I have often myself and why I'm writing the app. The app doesn't play content itself, its just an entertainment guide, it will however, launch related apps and play the content (where available).

I want the app to be great and I'm looking for a few users who are passionate about their Apple TVs so I can get their feedback. Any input I can get would be greatly appreciated!

If you are interested, you can use the following link and get the beta from Apple's TestFlight app:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/0XjMidTf

If you like to find out a bit more about the app first, I've got a blog post with more details here:
    http://appracatappra.com/2019/03/seeking-beta-testers-for-our-new-apple-tv-app/

2. Liljulez macrumors newbie

Liljulez

I’m up for beta testing

3. ganja24 macrumors 6502

I am in !

4. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

5. KevKM thread starter macrumors newbie

KevKM

Hey all,

First, I wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped beta test the app. I truly appreciate it!

Second, I wanted to let everyone know that the app has gone live in the app store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/media-marquee/id1456659301?ls=1&mt=8

If you visit the link above on an iPhone or iPad logged into the same account as an Apple TV, you can add the app to your "purchased apps" (it's still 100% free) and download it easily on the Apple TV by going to > App Store > Purchased > Recently Purchased.

6. littlepooch21 macrumors regular

Will there be a way that we can click on the movie and it open up our Plex or Infuse or MrMC? That would be a great addition.

7. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

I apologize. I forgot to install it. I signed up while out of the house. I’ve set a reminder to remind me to install it when I get home.

8. KevKM thread starter macrumors newbie

KevKM

Thanks for the feedback, let me do some research and see if I can figure out how to launch those apps on the Apple TV with a given movie or show.

9. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

This app is really nice! Have you considered integrating Trakt.tv into it?

10. KevKM thread starter macrumors newbie

KevKM

Hey glad you like the app and thank for pointing me towards Tarkt.tv. It does look like it would be a great addition to the app. I'll need to do a little R&D to see what it will take to incorporate.

Keep the suggestions coming!

11. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

Awesome! I’m obsessed with Trakt. I’ve been using it for 5 years now so any app that uses its API is far more likely to be used long term. And I’ve already rated so many show/movies that I’d hate to have to feel like I need to rate something twice.