Looking for car holder that clamps to instrument cluster

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Fean0r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Fean0r, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015

Fean0r macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there are any iphone car holders which can clamp to the top of the instrument cluster?

Or are there legal issues with vision potentially being obscured?

I'm quite tall so from my position my phone would only obscure my bonnet and top edge of my intrument cluster when in landscape. It'd be a perfect location but I've done quite a bit of research and can't find anything.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I don't know but you can see just about every cell phone mount made in China at dx.com.

3. Fean0r thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I haven't looked at that site for years, good suggestion! I've had a fairly thorough look and as far as I can tell there's just loads of suction, CD drive, cig lighter and cup holder mounts but nothing with a clamp that would do what I'm after.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

What exactly do you want it to clamp onto? Since all cars are made slightly differently, with different instruments, knobs, and buttons, it's hard to guess.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Airframe. Claps into your air vent. Use it every time I get in the car.

6. Fean0r thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair point - I kept wanting to take a photo of my phone in position but didn't get the chance, now I'm away for a week.

I've attached an annotated photo that I think should do the trick. The car is a 3 series BMW F30.

Attached Files: