Looking for case that easily comes on/off

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RolandNights, Feb 24, 2012.

1. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a cases that relatively easy to put on and take off. I think a hard case would do, mainly because I'm afraid a "stretchy" case would become permanently stretched out over time. I'd prefer it to be relatively low-key but provides some lip protection and protection for the glass back. Thanks for any help, guys!

2. daemonite macrumors member

one of the easiest cases to put on and off for me is slider style cases.

3. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

xtrucase

XTRUCASE products offers simple and tool less installation.

There are video's on the net showing how easy it is.

Hope this helps!

4. jekyoo macrumors 6502

HAHAHAHAHA, this suggestion couldn't be anymore bias.

For that price I would not get their cases.

Anyways, I would recommend a snap on case you're hardly drop your phone and just want good enough protection from scratches.

5. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Snap on cases are my recommendation too, My favorites are the Incipio feather or SGP Ultra thin

6. Pro-pacCase macrumors member

True, but That would be IF you don't drop your phone. I don't ever drop my phone but there could always be an accident. Then so few months ago I did & I had a snap on and guess what, the case went flying and my iphone screen cracked. It wasn't even that far of a fall. Good thing I had assurance on my iphone.

Now I have slide on case and I feel much more secure. Of course I haven't dropped my phone since but I'd never getting a snap on again. I'd say snap on is even worse than rubber covers. If you're just want the look and no protection, a snap on would be for you. Not trying to flame just from my personal experience.

Cheers

7. gabe223 macrumors newbie

I disagree with you. Your remarks are completely useless to us looking for a case.

I have a snap on, it breaks apart when I dropped the phone. You can't know when or you can't be 100% sure you won't drop your phone. No one wants to drop their phone, but it happens and you want to make sure your phone is protected when it does!

8. gjb11 macrumors regular

The magpul cases are nice and tight and easy to remove. I haven't dropped mine with it on but I imagine the protection would be fantastic.

9. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL.... so yours is the ONLY aluminum case that doesn't degrade signal? Care to put your money where your mouth is? EVERY aluminum case maker says their case does not degrade signal yet EVERY aluminum case degrades signal. So, as we have all been skrewed by such false truths EVERY aluminum case maker gives us, why should we believe you?

I'm a bumper guy. I have used apple's exclusively as I have not had to pay for any yet. I won't drop $30 for one as they end up stretching out and falling apart. I've been checking out the leverage bumper and was going to pick one up but they are oos as of now :mad: I have used slider cases with other i's in the past and my wife currently uses one. IF you want a case go with one of those.... the leverage actually comes with a backplate you can use if you so desire. $60 http://www.graftconcepts.com/products/metal-leverage-iphone4-case

10. RolandNights thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

The Magpul case seems pretty interesting. I've seen a lot of good feedback for it, and I've always viewed Magpul as a reputable brand. I don't really like the way it looks though, but the price and quality are very intriguing. I'll consider it. I might just buy it because of the price and use it as my "gym" iPhone case. Something I didn't think about before. Do you think it has good grip? I usually keep my phone on the bookstand of the elliptical/treadmill when I do cardio, and in my pocket when I'm on the gym floor. Good grip so it doesn't fall would be nice. Thanks for the suggestion.

I like the way the Xtrucase looks, and I appreciate the suggestion, but I think I'd like to hear more about it. I haven't seen many reviews for, so I am a little concerned about how it might affect the signal. I'll keep it in mind, but the lack of feedback on it, and for the price, dissuades me at the moment.

That's definitely a very attractive case. The lever is definitely very novel, and it seems convenient. I like the sleek look and that it comes with a backplate. Do you have one? I read somewhere that some people are complaining of the lever scratching the top of the phone where the power button is. If you have the case, has that been true for you? Also, does the lever feel very solid?

11. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I do not have it as I'm waiting for the black/brushed to come back in stock. I have read issues with scratching but I use the spectra wrap on my 4/4s so that shouldn't be an issue. The company was sending out clear frame wrap out with the case to fight the issue. There were also some complaints about the latch secruity and button coming off but the company seems to be very responsive in getting out replacements and keeping people up to date on their facebook page. I'm willing to toss my $60 to give them a shot.

12. Fissure macrumors 6502

This, and they don't cost a lot of money.....

13. stephenkurz macrumors newbie