Looking for cause to kernel panic

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Diogones, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Diogones macrumors regular

Diogones

Hey all,

I have a 2006 20'' 2.16GHz white iMac running 10.7.5 with all the latest updates. Recently I was using the Mac and suddenly the machine gave me a kernel panic. I haven't had any at all, so it is somewhat unusual. I've looked at the kernel panic log after I restarted the Mac, but I can't discern what the problem could be.

I have Drive Genius running in the background, and it hasn't detected any issues with the drive. I had it recently run a scheduled disk check, and no bad blocks or integrity issues were found with either the drive or the volume.

I also don't have any third party hardware attached to the iMac, other than a Firewire 400 external hard drive and the Apple mouse and keyboard.

I'm attaching the text of my kernel panic in the hopes that someone here wiser than myself may be able to figure out what the root of the problem was.

Sometimes kernel panics are just random hiccups, but they could also be a sign of an incompatible driver. I'm hoping it won't be recurring, but just in case, I already have a Firewire 400 external hard drive with Time Machine set up, so I have several months of backups.

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Code:
    com.Seagate.driver.PowSecDriver
    Why are you running this Seagate driver? First thing I would do it get rid of that. If you search that term you get a lot of posts from people having kernel panics.