Looking for charger plug for G4 iBook

MaximusUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Hi. I bought a G4 14" iBook yesterday from Ebay but unfortunately the cable just after the charger plug is so baddly frayed that the light and power flickers on and off all the time. This makes it almost unusable. It is so close to the plug that it is not possible to repair the break.

I am wonder if anyone has a broken PSU(charger) that still has a good working plug that they would be willing to sell/donate to me.I would only require the plug and a few inches of the cable (so will be cheap to post). This way I can cut the plug of mine and join it with a working one.

I am asking this as apposed to merely buying a new one as I am a student and already need to buy a new battery,ram upgrade and Airport Extreme card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Liam

MaximusUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Wow thats awesome to know. That will be my last resort if things dont work out. Thanks for that info :)

Comment

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
I have an extra airport extreme card, which was pulled from a working 14" ibook G4. I may be able to send it to you. But, for the cable, just go on ebay and buy a generic replacement one (ie non-apple, but apple compatible).

Comment

MaximusUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Hi Alphadog. Thank you very very much for your offer. Everyone seems to be so nice here. Unfortunately I just bought one from Ebay a few hours ago!

Oh what would you suggest: repacking the died battery I have (costing about £18) or buying a chinese battery (costing about £28)

Thank again!

Comment

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
Hi Alphadog. Thank you very very much for your offer. Everyone seems to be so nice here. Unfortunately I just bought one from Ebay a few hours ago!

Oh what would you suggest: repacking the died battery I have (costing about £18) or buying a chinese battery (costing about £28)

Thank again!
I would recommend just buying a chinese/off-brand battery.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.