Looking for charger plug for G4 iBook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MaximusUK, Jul 28, 2010.

1. MaximusUK macrumors newbie

Hi. I bought a G4 14" iBook yesterday from Ebay but unfortunately the cable just after the charger plug is so baddly frayed that the light and power flickers on and off all the time. This makes it almost unusable. It is so close to the plug that it is not possible to repair the break.

I am wonder if anyone has a broken PSU(charger) that still has a good working plug that they would be willing to sell/donate to me.I would only require the plug and a few inches of the cable (so will be cheap to post). This way I can cut the plug of mine and join it with a working one.

I am asking this as apposed to merely buying a new one as I am a student and already need to buy a new battery,ram upgrade and Airport Extreme card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Liam

2. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

3. MaximusUK thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow thats awesome to know. That will be my last resort if things dont work out. Thanks for that info :)

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I have an extra airport extreme card, which was pulled from a working 14" ibook G4. I may be able to send it to you. But, for the cable, just go on ebay and buy a generic replacement one (ie non-apple, but apple compatible).

5. MaximusUK thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Alphadog. Thank you very very much for your offer. Everyone seems to be so nice here. Unfortunately I just bought one from Ebay a few hours ago!

Oh what would you suggest: repacking the died battery I have (costing about £18) or buying a chinese battery (costing about £28)

Thank again!

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I would recommend just buying a chinese/off-brand battery.