Looking for CHEAP gamepad for OnLive

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Mirsky, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Mirsky macrumors newbie

Hi. I never play video games, but I just purchased two "full passes" on OnLive for Major League Baseball 2K11 and NBA 2K11. They were on sale for $5 each.

I quickly realized that playing them with a keyboard and mouse is too complicated.

So, I'm interested in getting a USB gamepad but I want to pay as little as possible.

OnLive has a short list of compatible gamepads:http://support.onlive.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56/~/gamepads

However, I'm wondering if any of the cheap, generic USB gamepads sold on ebay will work. Does anyone know? I'm not knowledgeable about what gamepads require drivers.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Mirsky

2. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

Get wired USB Xbox 360 controller, you can pick them up second hand on ebay for about £10, they are well built and far superior to any third party brand controller.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Never ever get a second hand controller! I've opened up second hand PSPs, Xbox 360 controllers, PS3 controllers (replace the battery) and old N64 ones. Inside is a world you should never see. Don't even look into your own - or do, if so just keep reminding yourself that all that gunk came from you and not a stranger.

But do get an Xbox 360 controller. It's the most widely supported controller and (dpad aside) pretty damn perfect. On the PC side you can get an app (MotioninJoy, I think it's called) that can emulate an Xbox controller with a PS3 one.

4. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

XBOX Controller are trivial to make them work on OS X, I managed to make it work on Lion but overall I wouldn't suggest you to buy one on purpose. Logitech is a good choice for pc gaming.