Looking for cheap mac book

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Zenphobic, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Zenphobic macrumors newbie

Ok, i am looking for a white macbook. Either 2008 or 2009 model used in canada or states online. I have a budget of $700 us and have no idea where to look for it. Any advice would be cool and very helpful.

Zen.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Look on craigslist/ebay, or try to get a refurbished computer from Apple.com :)

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

4. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

You should try eBay for sure. A refurbished MacBook from Apple would be over your budget. You can get a good MacBook from eBay for less than $500 if you wanted to.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Personally, I wouldn't get a computer on eBay; even though it's a little over your stated budget, I'd recommend going refurb - that way, you have all of the security and peace of mind of knowing that you are dealing with an authorised dealer and the computer itself comes with all of Apple's warranties.

Cheers and good luck

6. simmonstwin macrumors member

7. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Apple had early '08 Macbooks (same as I have) on the refurb store the other day for $699. Yeah, these have the crappy Intel X3100 graphics, but it would be a FAR better option than any eBay/Criagslist purchase IMHO (and I buy lots of stuff on eBay, including my iMac I'm using now), as you would get a good-as-new Macbook and a year warranty.

Now the only problem is waiting for them to reappear...

The cheapest right now is $849 for the current Macbook. Just keep watching the refurb store!