Looking for cheap speakers that can handle some sawdust

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mattwolfmatt, Mar 4, 2011.

1. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

I'm looking for some speakers that I can dock my ipod touch or iphone in while working in my woodshop. I'd like to be able to listen to MLB games while working, and the speaker on the ipod touch just isn't cutting it. PLUS - the battery gets drained so quickly while on the MLB app, I'd like to be able to charge while listening.

Anyone who knows anything about power tools knows that headphones and power tools don't mix. So that's out.

I'm not interested in audiophile quality here, I just need to be able to hear the game. Saw dust will be inevitable.

Dewalt/Makinta have something like this, but I don't need the radio feature, nor the 18V charging feature, nor the roll cage, nor the $169 price tag. I just need some speakers I can put on a shelf somewhere so I can hear the game. The cheaper the better.

Any ideas? Thank you.

2. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

Sounds like you're overcomplicating something extremely simple

You want to dock your iPod to open your app to listen to the same thing that is being broadcasted over the radio?

Sounds like you're going to end up spending too much and end up with too little.

Get a portable radio/tv - if you still want to stay tech depending on the size of your work space - you could just get a regular radio/boombox and put it up on a shelf - even a portable tv. If you still want to spend extra - you could get some nice outdoor speakers to put by the door of your woodshop (again depending on size). There are a bunch of easy solutions here, maybe walking the aisles of a best buy could give you some ideas.

3. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Thanks, but whoa, $60. Anything cheaper out there?

Best buy only has so many, I figured maybe MR would have some other ideas. I'd love to just use a radio or TV, but the games are out of market. I need to use an ipod touch.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk