Looking for - clear screen protector that doesn't smudge

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rctoyguy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. rctoyguy macrumors newbie

I've been running my iPhone with no screen protector since I got it (about 6 weeks) - I'm looking for a screen protector that will keep the slick gloss look, but not smudge so easily. I looked at a friend's phone with the Power Support Anti-Glare protector, and it definitely keeps the smudges down - it's almost smudge proof..... but it also kills the glossy look of the screen.

Does anyone make a protector that will keep the normal use fingerprint smudges to a minimum and keep the gloss screen look?

After cleaning, the phone looks awesome - but all it takes is one phone call or one time checking mail and it's back to smudge-city... :(

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Closest one to PS Anti-glare is Steinheil's Anti-Fingerprint film. No smudges and a little bit clearer than the Power support. It's somewhere within the forums, I can't copy paste the link thanks to my iPhone :rolleyes:

3. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

That will be no my friend. Now that would be nice. I sacrificed the clear glass look and use a PS Anti-Glare SP. I rather not have to wipe my phone every 12 minutes. You get used to the anti-glare look after a week of usage IMO.

4. KarmaRocket macrumors member

KarmaRocket

I am using the Steinheil's Anti-Fingerprint film and find it to be a very well made product.

I found it to be clearer than the PS anti-glare. There is a slight texture to the film. It is not as smooth as the glass or clear films, but you get used to it.

You will enjoy not having to constantly wipe away finger print smudges off you screen.

My only complaint is that it was a real pain to put it on. But I am not used to putting tiny films on screens, so don't count this as a true negative.