Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Loopt is pretty cool, but it's only cool if other people in your area use it. I was wondering if there was anyone on here in Columbus, Ohio who might want to be Loopt buddies. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. So far my partner is the only one on my buddy list.

A little about me: GWM, 34, partnered, sign language interpreter.

Hope to hear from you!

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
LOL Hi I'm heterosexual, nice to meet you!

My guess is that you're not a member of a minority group, and I didn't want this thread to turn into this, but...

Members of a minority group (cultural/linguistic minorities, etc) often seek out people who are like themselves because it's a common thread in their respective lives. For people who are part of the dominant majority group (straight white people), sexuality, culture and race don't play into their identities because they ethnocentrically assume that everyone is like them, and those who aren't often don't even register on their radar.

So while you don't have to point out your whiteness or your straightness, identifying oneself a member of a cultural and/or linguistic minority is a way to find like-minded people with whom you have things in common and with whom you can be yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.