Looking For Console Game 'Companion' Apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Sisee, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Sisee macrumors newbie

As the title says;
    I'm looking for a decent list of apps that interact with home videogame console titles.

I'm not looking for 'cheat' apps, that just list codes or display a walkthrough (there are loads of websites for that).
    I'm looking for apps that actually connect to the games and act as a second screen of some sort.
    I'll even settle for apps that interact 'passively' like the Far Cry 3 iPhone app or the Resident Evil.net website.

I already know about The Metal Gear Solid V app, and have used it.

The only limitation I have is I don't have an XBox (any version) so although I know SmartGlass is a thing (and have used it before) I don't have any use for XBox only apps now.
    But, if you want to mention them for other users reference, I don't mind.
    I do have a PS3 and Wii U.
    And in the future I'm looking at getting a PS4, when there are more games I want on the console.
    (Not a fanboy, there are more games on the PS4 exclusive list that interest me compared to the XBone exclusive list.)

I have already 'googled' this search, but most of the lists I found are all out of date, listing dead apps, or list apps that aren't really companions rather just simple reference apps with no connection to the games.

Thanks for any input.

Sisee, out.

2. benpete420 macrumors newbie

Just a thought

You should ask the console company if they have any. They will know the answer because anyone who wants to make an app to connect, will need permission.