iPhone Looking for Cydia tweaks which can do the following stuff (read inside) ..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ahmadka, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ahmadka macrumors newbie

Hi guys ... Just jailbroke my first ever iPhone (i.e. iPhone 5) yesterday, and am currently searching Cydia for some cool mods for functionality I previously enjoyed on Android ..

If you guys know any Cydia tweak/app for this, please let me know:

1) App to allow sending SMS from PC ? (WifiSMS doesn't seem to work for me, and Remote Messages is currently not iOS 6 compatible)

2) Extension from 1): App to allow sending SMS to everyone in a group ? (group = group defined in the iPhone's contacts)

3) Scheduled SMS sending ? I have heard biteSMS can do this, but is there a free app ?

Some 'harder' stuff :rolleyes: :

4) Enable Google Maps GPS Navigation feature for unsupported countries as well ? There is a patch on Android for this: link .. Wondering if somebody has done it for iOS yet ..

5) Take Siri offline ? So that it's also available when there is no internet connectivity ? Or at least some part of it is available at least ?

Hoping someone can help me out here :)

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

1: Doubt it
    2: BiteSMS or stock app
    3: BiteSMS
    4: Doubt it
    5: No

Look for the main thread that's being updated with compatible apps and tweaks..

3. beej69 macrumors member

you probably already know this, but the "Remote Messages 2" tweak has been out for a few months and supports iOS 6.

hth,
    marc

4. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

biteSMS is available for free. You will have ads though. I would recommend trying it if you haven't already. It's a great app!

5. ahmadka thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup I already know about Remote Messages 2 .. Unfortunately I didn't like biteSMS though, because I wanted to continue using the default Messages app, and only use the scheduling functionality in BiteSMS .. However BiteSMS completely shutdown the original Messages app, so I had to uninstall BiteSMS ..

6. LithePanther macrumors 6502

You can use BiteSMS without the quick reply/compose stuff. It acts exactly like the default one but with more features.

But if you don't like it you don't like it. BiteSMS is the only one i've found with schedule

7. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

You can use BiteSMS and the Messages app together. It's in BiteSMS's "More" settings. Choose to hide or unhide the Messages app. You can also choose to use the Messages app icon for BiteSMS if you want.