Looking for Display recommendations for a NEW Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Franknbeans, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Franknbeans macrumors newbie

dual quad-core Mac Pro arriving shortly but I opted not to choose the high priced Apple Displays.

Does anyone have any recommendations/advice/experience with other displays? I may end up getting two unless there is one stellar option.

2. Vylen macrumors 65816

Unless you're willing to give specific uses for your monitors and a price range, the best I can do is refer you to this long and extensive thread about the "best" monitor for a Mac Pro.

3. Franknbeans thread starter macrumors newbie

mainly audio production but am also looking to get the most out of my set-up for potential video streaming with the hopes of someday ditching satellite Tv altogether. Price range is 500-700 for 1 larger monitor or maybe 2 smaller monitors.

I did check that thread out and it was helpful but since I am a total newbie to Mac, I thought I 'd start a different query.

4. Honumaui macrumors 6502a

I would look at some of the Dells or HPs maybe the new u2711 or whatever that model is ? from dell

LED backlight might be nice in your case also :)

5. strausd macrumors 68030

I was gonna link back to that, ya beat me to it!

You have any idea what size you want? And do you have any preference right now between one big or multiple medium sized monitors? You looking for 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ration? Do you plan on using a monitor in portrait rather than landscape?

6. Franknbeans thread starter macrumors newbie

Probably looking at 2 monitors to utilize with Pro Tools or one as large as I can get but it seem I can get 2 say 23" monitors alot cheaper than I can a single r 27". I am on a budget after all.

The suggestions I culled from that thread include
    U2311h
    U2410
    U2711

PA241W
    PA271W
    EA231WMI