Looking for drawing or sketching app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buggsy2, Jul 6, 2010.

1. buggsy2 macrumors member

Jul 3, 2010
    [re-posted to a more prominent forum, sorry]

I'm looking for a sketch or drawing app for an iPhone 4. I have no artistic ability, but sometimes when taking notes in a lecture or for an idea, it helps to draw a simple line drawing. The ideal app wouldn't just save a raster image, but would offer simple line straightening, snap-to points, curves, and so forth. And, it would OCR hand drawn characters into text! Does such an app exist, or something close?
  2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Jul 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Can't help you on a suggestion, but if you find an app but it doesn't save raster images, you can always do a screenshot.
  3. buggsy2 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 3, 2010
    Here's what I'm trying

Don't think there's an app that does what I want. But two or three approach it:

• Dan Bricklin's Note Taker (Lite version available to try). Probably the best way to take hand printed or written notes. I cannot take notes quickly by "typing" on the iPhone so a well-thought-out handprinting notetaker is essential, and Note Taker is it.
    • Mental Notes, Lite version available. Only typed notes, but its big advantage is very seamless incorporation of photos and audio.
    • Paintbook Collage for something to improve my sketching ability by smoothing lines and curves and snapping points. A very powerful drawing program that includes "intelligent curve smoothing"