Looking for drawing or sketching app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buggsy2, Jul 6, 2010.

1. buggsy2 macrumors member

buggsy2

[re-posted to a more prominent forum, sorry]

I'm looking for a sketch or drawing app for an iPhone 4. I have no artistic ability, but sometimes when taking notes in a lecture or for an idea, it helps to draw a simple line drawing. The ideal app wouldn't just save a raster image, but would offer simple line straightening, snap-to points, curves, and so forth. And, it would OCR hand drawn characters into text! Does such an app exist, or something close?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Can't help you on a suggestion, but if you find an app but it doesn't save raster images, you can always do a screenshot.

3. buggsy2 thread starter macrumors member

buggsy2

Here's what I'm trying

Don't think there's an app that does what I want. But two or three approach it:

• Dan Bricklin's Note Taker (Lite version available to try). Probably the best way to take hand printed or written notes. I cannot take notes quickly by "typing" on the iPhone so a well-thought-out handprinting notetaker is essential, and Note Taker is it.
    • Mental Notes, Lite version available. Only typed notes, but its big advantage is very seamless incorporation of photos and audio.
    • Paintbook Collage for something to improve my sketching ability by smoothing lines and curves and snapping points. A very powerful drawing program that includes "intelligent curve smoothing"