Looking for DVD ripper with Subtitles preferences

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carlsson, Nov 3, 2013.

1. carlsson macrumors regular

carlsson

I want to rip some of my black and white documentaries, together with the subtitles.

Almost all rippers are able to rip the subtitles as well, but none that I've tried have any preference for it.

With that I mean that I want to set the size and background for the subtitle. Looking at black and white movies with black and white text is not so readable...

I have tried Handbrake and DVDripper Pro. None of these can change how the subtitle look.

Does anyone have any good app to recommend?

2. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Sadly, most of the best tools (including many free ones) remain in the Windows camp. You might want to check out the site - "Doom9" and take a look around to see if there are some good posts of information.

I know that there are some software out there (free) that will scan all your sub files and let you re-adjust them from size to colour to choice of fonts etc. Some tools will let you 'burn' the subs into the film itself as well.

You may also want to go to forums in the DVDFab, AnyDVD and MakeMKV sites as well and check there.

I believe that the XBMC and PLEX software players have some options related to the subs from size, location and possibly adding colour to the fonts.