Looking for earbuds

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by ajvizzgamer101, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

-iPod Touch 2G compatible
    -Mic
    -In-ear
    -good sound quality
    -Cheap
    -white or silver

Currently I am looking at Apples new in-ear headphones but I know there has to be something cheaper but If you know of any could reply to this topic please.

Thanks

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

3. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Just remember, you get what you pay for. Not sure of what you mean by cheap, but cheap typically means cheap design and construction.

You have a device that is high-tech in it's genre and its' cost shows that. Don't use cheap accessories on it. They don't last as long and you'll just end up replacing them a lot sooner than you would the better constructed ones.

In either case, best of luck in your quest.

4. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

5. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I typically kill earbuds by catching the cord on something and yanking it out of the bud. I think this would happen just as easily with a $100 bud as with a $15 one, so I'm not about to spend the bucks on fancy ones.

6. thornev macrumors member

If you're really into listening to music on handheld devices, it's worth it to spend the money for a good set. You won't be disappointed. I use the Shure SE500's and they are amazing. On the other hand, if you can't tell the difference between a well-produced record and a crappy one, you probably won't appreciate the excellence of sound. thorne

7. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Of course that is a good point.

To be honest, due to similar concerns there will be times I wear the stock Apple ear-phones that came with the Touch, and times the Bose I bought.

8. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Don't bother with the Apple in-ear remote earphones, sound quality ain't that impressive, compared to what you can get for cheaper (or more expensive, such as the Shure's). Buy any regular good headphones you like, then get an adapter for it, available from the Apple store, I think mine is the Griffin smart talk. It has play/pause button and mic, and the Touch has the volume controls.

9. Sdevante macrumors 6502

Not cheap by a long shot, but Beats by Dre Tour in-ear's are phenomenal. Plus it has a flat cord so it's less unwieldy.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008