Looking for feedback on design

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by puffnstuff, Jan 23, 2011.

1. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

The blue doesn't really fit for the box headers and borders. The content needs padding too. Besides that not bad.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't think the square boxes fit in very well with the overall theme. It's also not a very compelling or original design in my opinion... it just screams iWeb template.

3. tandersn9 macrumors member

Hmm I kind of like it, it's nice and clean looking. However I would probably do about with the navigation in the footer or make them a lot smaller.

4. laurim macrumors 68000

laurim

Agree with what others have said. Also, be sure to spell check all of your text before you turn it in. I'll leave it to you to find the word misspelled...

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

If the site weren't about Tampa I would tell you it's likely a location based spelling difference.

Anyway, I love the site. I think the boxes should be rounded to better match the rest of the site. Make sure that the boxes line up perfectly, it looks very odd when they are just a pixel or two off.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

In addition to rounding the boxes and adding some padding, I'd suggest switching the text to white (or rather, maybe the color of the background) and changing the blue to the same dark color as the background of the "share your voice" button (don't think that's black, looks like a really dark green). Seems like it might fit better and stand out without drawing all the attention.

Love the overall look though, very nicely done.

jW

7. laurim macrumors 68000

laurim

I respectfully disagree with this advice. After rounding the boxes and making the header color match the button, there would be zero difference between a button and a box header. Bad affordance!

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That's alright, different styles. If I actually rendered it, I might decide the same as you, it just struck me as probably a good look.

jW

9. madebyfletcher macrumors newbie

madebyfletcher

It's not a bad start. I like the clean look and white background. I think the only part I have a problem with is the logo, try working on it some more. I can give you some pointers on the logo if you want.

10. NumeroTen macrumors member

NumeroTen

ok

the theme looks really good, but I'm just wondering why some of it is in English and another in a different language?

11. Laird Knox macrumors 68000

Ah, good 'ole lorem ipsom. :)

The "different language" is known as Greeking. It is simply placeholder text and has been used in layouts for ages. It is there to show layout and is not intended to be read. One of the issues in design is that people will fixate on the words and not look at the design. With Greeking you remove that distraction.