Looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Beaverman3001, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

I'm fiddling with making my first program, it is very basic and debatably not useful until I add more features to it. I was just looking to see if anyone would mind trying it out and seeing if it functions properly as I only have 1 model Mac to test it on.

The program can be found here www.projectspex.com

All it does is calls up basic system specifications and network information at the moment. As I said, it is very simple and basic as I am just beginning to learn how to do any programming. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. lee1210 macrumors 68040

lee1210

Being that this is a programming forum, we can all compile something from source. You aren't a trusted source (sorry, nothing personal), so binary-only is the same as dangerous malware bomb. If we have the source we can see for ourselves and decide if we want to run it or not.

-Lee

3. Ap0ks macrumors 6502

I tried it on my Mac Mini and it returned the correct information, however it did take a good minute or two to actually display the results.

On the whole does what it says on the tin, but I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement ;)

4. Beaverman3001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you sir! There is indeed plenty of room for improvement lol. I'm a networking major, really don't know much about programming, just doing this thing in perl as something to do as a side hobby so I can learn a little bit more about scripting/programming in general for administration needs.