Looking for free VOIP calling on Mac OS X?

PicnicTutorials

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
on my iPad i use magicjacl and vonage to make free calls. Anything like that for mac?

PicnicTutorials

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Skype? Or FaceTime if you're calling another Apple device owner.
Is Skype free? Im looking for a way to call home phone, 80 numbers, anything, from my mac for free. This is possible on my iPhone and iPad so I should be able too.

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2012
Is Skype free? Im looking for a way to call home phone, 80 numbers, anything, from my mac for free. This is possible on my iPhone and iPad so I should be able too.
Not free, but it can be pretty close to it when Microsoft or its resellers are offering promos. For example, in December, I got 12 months' of unlimited Skype calling for $25. That includes calls to domestic landlines and mobiles, and I think international landlines, too, in many countries.

If I could port my home office number to Skype, I would have dropped Vonage. But I can't, so I cut back to the cheapest Vonage plan ($12.99 for 400 outbound and unlimited inbound).

PicnicTutorials

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Im not looking for Skype to Skype or vibe to vibe calls. But a free sip/voip combo so I have no limitations on outbound calls. Only domestic (usa)