Looking for gentle support for my sister

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mindy60, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindy60 macrumors regular

My sister recently bought the iphone 4 8gb and sprint is telling her that she can upgrade the phone to 16gb, something about an sd card. I told her the iphone has no sd slot that it isn't upgradeable. she said it has a simm slot but I told her it isn't where music and pictures are stored. Long story short, she thinks I am not being supportive enough, that she's going with what the lady at sprint is telling her.

Can y'all provide some gentle advice for my sister and I can direct her to this thread? She won't believe me that she'd have to get a whole new phone.

If there is indeed a way to upgrade an iphone please enlighten me. (But I see no way of doing it myself.)

Please be kind. Thank you. ;)
    Mindy

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

No, there is no way to upgrade the internal storage. The only way you can upgrade is to buy a new device.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

You can't upgrade the memory of an iPhone nor anything inside an iPhone. The iPhone has no SD card slot.

The SIM slot is where you put a SIM card to have calls/data with a GSM SIM Card.

4. Stewart21 macrumors regular

There is no way to upgrade without changing the phone. It does not have an SD Card slot. The only way to increase the storage space is to get a new phone.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

A new phone is what will be required for more storage. iPhones do not have a Micro SD flash slot. Sim card slot will not increase storage size. Unfortunately your sister was misinformed by the Sprint representative.

Looks pretty kind around here!

6. Mindy60 thread starter macrumors regular

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Also the 4s was the first iPhone on Sprint to come with a SIM card slot.

As mentioned, the SIM card slot is an entirely different thing than an SD card. No iPhone has an SD card slot.

You have to watch the reps at Sprint. Sprint only got the iPhone in 2011 and the reps tend to be completely ignorant of both the iPhone and SIM cards.

8. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

just let her listen to whatever the sprint rep is telling you. she needs to learn to either take advice from people that know what they're talking about, or suffer the consequences. listening to a sprint rep over your own sibling? ridiculous.
    let her get the phone, and watch her try to magically add more storage

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Don't need to split hair with salespeople nor is necessary to be right so the other person is wrong.

If Sprint says they can upgrade her and she likes the price, does it matter exactly how it happens?

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.