Looking for good cases for the macbook pro 2013 13

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Castdeath97, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Castdeath97 macrumors newbie

Since I bought my macbook pro 13 2013 I bought a red Satan seeThru case to go along with it, however this case has been completely satanic :mad: (no pun intended); it seems to scratch from almost anything-even the charger- and the the attachments in the back had broke and became unstable, and because of that it scratched the bottom pads (the black rubber ones).

Any recommendations? Please make it cheap already wasted 50 dollars :( !

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

hard case? we don't use those requires too much work by the end user and often creates more damage in the end.

soft case, we use incase exclusively, great inner material and zipper design to prevent the zipper itself from scratching the laptop

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA173ZM/A/incase-13-neoprene-pro-sleeve-for-macbook-pro?fnode=50

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I use my MBP nude but always transport it in a well protected backup. Most hard cases do little to protect against real damage.

4. caribiner23 macrumors regular

caribiner23

I have a clear iPearl mCover Hard Shell case on my late-2013 rMBP.

It's an excellent case: not a scratch or dent on it (or the Mac inside) since I put it on a couple months ago.

Cost me $20 at Amazon.

I've always used my Macs "nude" like Glen mentions above, which never caused a problem except for the odd scratch and ding. I wanted to keep my new rMBP nice for a while so I figured it was worth $20. I also carry the computer in an Incase sleeve when I transport it.

5. Castdeath97 thread starter macrumors newbie

One good question, if the carrying case isn't a perfect fit, should I expect problems?

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The only time is if the zipper assembly is rough on the inside that could scratch either the hinge clutch cover or front end.