looking for good customizable alarm clock app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NickH88, Jan 3, 2013.

1. NickH88 macrumors member

Can anyone recommend a good alarm clock app that plays music, but with customizable settings? I would like one that can play a song a specified number of times, or for a specified period of time. I also do not want it to vibrate. An option to play different songs consecutively (such as by playing a playlist) would be nice too.

I've been using the one on the built-in Clock app, but I dislike how it plays a song repeatedly for 15 minutes, and vibrates throughout that entire time.

2. 3CPTmom macrumors newbie

I would recommend the iHandy Alarm Clock. You can do playlists, customized songs, e.g., did Christmas songs the past month to wake up. It also has good options for normal alarms. It doesn't vibrate unless you want it to, and has a 10 minute snooze. You can also just lift it and shake your phone and it goes to snooze.
    But what I like best is being able to listen to podcasts before going to sleep. I can set my phone to go off after 5,10,15........up to an hour OR, best of all that I like, is to set it to stop "After current episode". That episode can be 37 minutes, 10 minutes, or 3 hours, then it shuts off. The alarm stays on or you can set the podcast and then go back to the alarm and it still plays I assume music works the same way, but have only used music for waking up, not going to sleep.

"How To".......
    1. .download podcasts from iTunes. I regularly have 4 that auto download from their respective web sites.
    2. Select Podcast App on iPhone
    3. Select Podcast
    4. Select Episode you want to listen to, e.g., Hour 1 on 12.31.12
    5. Hit Play
    6. Slide artcover for podcast "up" toward top of phone and you will see what looks like the old reel music recorders running.
    7. On the right side, you wil see a bo that looks like a lower case "z" with a z squared on it. When you touch that, you will get a menu of times to select from for when you want it to turn off. :cool:

----------

OK, one last note: iHandy Alarm Clock pro is needed to get the benefits mentioned above.

However, I just played with the Music part of the app and it is equally easy.
    1. Tap the upwards arrow in the left corner of the screen that shows the time, Alarm off/on, alarm time and Day.
    2. A half screen will appear with the option of adding songs from iTunes from your Library.
    3. A scrolling timer is also there where you can set your pre-sleep timer to shut off automatically.

Hope this works for you as well as it does for us!

3. NickH88 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd like to find one that plays a song (or playlist) only once, or for a user-specified number of times or length of time, instead of playing it continuously until you actually tap something on the phone (or shake it for snooze). Does anyone know of an app that does this?