Looking for good gaming controller

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mgpg89, Nov 4, 2008.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Looking for a good controller, mainly for use with Windows games, but Mac functionality would be nice too.

USB or Wireless doesn't really matter. (I guess they both take up a USB port, right? If so, I assume a controller with a cable is more reliable in terms of speed?)

Price is not an issue.

For use with games like Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed etc ...

2. lostless macrumors 6502

the xbox 360 controller works very well. Either the wired or wireless with the usb wireless adaptor. Works with windows out of the box and OSX with a 3rd party driver.

3. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

OK, thanks for the heads up!

Is the difference (wired/wireless) noticeable?

4. rikoshay macrumors member

rikoshay

I recently purchased a Razer DeathAdder mouse, mainly for better control in games, replacing the Kensington Expert Mouse (trackball) that I'd been using. Now, I can understand all of the glowing reviews I'd read. For example, see: http://insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=958.

Numerous programmable features, along with instantaneous sensitivity control, on-the-fly. I'm now using it all of the time, for all of my mousing needs. Check it out.

5. bmb012 macrumors 6502

None whatsoever.

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I go with the 360 controller. I bought my first 360 controller for my PC before I owned a 360. It is just a good game controller for computers.

7. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Another vote for the X360 controller, and wireless just because it's, um, wireless, like my Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse. I have no interest in the X360 (or consoles in general), but the 'Games for Windows' thing means that many games work great with the controller without having to do any fiddling around at all. Fallout 3, for example ... I could just plug and play ... and recall why I play keyboard & mouse for FPS-style games :D

8. aki macrumors 6502a

vote for xbox360 wireless controller

wireless works with no problem at all and its convenient

the controller itself is just really well made strong and right shape and size probably the best ive used ever

works with all new pc stuff and many older games - bit case by case

there is also a driver for osx but its not very compatible for me i usually use bootcamp for games anyway

9. priller macrumors regular

I prefer the ps3 controller, works fine with windows wired or bluetooth.