looking for good inexpensive presentation remote for new MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GYoung, Nov 16, 2007.

1. GYoung macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm new to these forums, and have a question. I have started to do a fair amount of training, and looking for a good presentation remote for my new MacBook Pro. I made the mistake of purchasing a cheap Kensington remote that does not "recognize the keyboard". I am not interested in something that works with a phone or pda. I just want to be able to move around the room and click away.

I might also add that I also have Fusion software and Windows xp installed so that I can run Powerpoint presentations shared with me by other trainer/colleagues who use PC's. I use a lot multi media in my presentations also.

Any help would be appreciated!

Greg

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Is it for keynote or powerpoint?? 'Cos with keynote you can use the Apple Remote.

3. lallenlowe macrumors member

exactly, keynote

you can open and save in powerpoint format from keynote, that's the one to use for sure. No need to run a virtual machine for powerpoint, when keynote is compatible, and better. ;)

lallenlowe

4. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

Search for the application Remote Buddy. It may do the trick. I had an older version and I could use Office X PowerPoint presentations with it.

It is a Commerical Application about 20 Euros. $30.00 USD

5. samuraikiss macrumors regular

Once you installed Windows XP, you should have inserted the Mac OSX installation disc. That would have installed drivers that would allow for the recognition of the Mac remote while using XP.

6. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

Just use the apple remote. It works great with Keynote. :apple:

7. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

The Apple remote's range is feeble. Get something stronger.

8. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

See if your mobile phone is compatible with Salling Clicker. Use your mobile as a presentation remote—you can even view your slide notes on the mobile's screen.

Edit: Oh, nvm, I didn't see you didn't want something that runs off a phone, though I can't imagine why not...