Looking for good iPhone headphones with mic / controls...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fotomatt1, Aug 20, 2009.

1. fotomatt1 macrumors regular

I can't stand the headphones that came with my iPhone 3gs. It has reminded me why I've used good aftermarket headphones withmy iPods for so many years. I'm currently using Bose in-ear headphones, but they don't have a mic. They sound decent but I guess they could be better.

I've been looking at the Klipsch S4i's, Sennheier MM50ip, and Etymotic hf2. Anybody have any preferences? Which sound the best, and which ones controls are most compatible? Any help is appreciated!

2. skip2 macrumors member

This is something I'm curious about too. I was looking at the Klipsch Image S4i, but the cable on those isn't long enough, like on most in-ear headphones. According to Klipsch it's 46 inches (117 cm), which is about 5 cm too short for me. I'd like to have volume control on the headphones too and AFAIK currently only the stock iPhone 3GS headphones, Apple in-ear headphones and the Klipsch Image S4i offer that. Only one of these that has a long enough cable for me is the Apple in-ear, but I'm hesitant on buying them as the reviews I've read haven't been too flattering…

:(

3. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i'm looking for a pair as well.. i think i might just buy the in-ears even though the reviews were iffy... or i might solder the caps of the regular headphones and swap it out with some in ears

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I have been using the NuForce NE-7M's for about a month now and I love them. People say the sound quality is clear when talking through the mic to them. The only problem is no volume control. There is one button and this is how it works:

1 click: Pause/Play/Answer Call/End Call
    2 clicks: Next Song
    3 click: Previous Song

5. rkb37 macrumors newbie

head-fi.org has a lot of information if you are interesting in searching the forums there.