Looking for good site to buy Mac preloaded with 7

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Shivetya, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Shivetya macrumors 65816

suggestions?

Figuring on a new Mini, I need a machine with Windows full time but don't want to have yet another iMac on my desk. Perhaps it would be better to buy a small Dell or the like? Needs a decent vid card so I don't feel the need to flip my Mac when I want to try a few Windows based games (mostly Civ5 and Elemental at this point)

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you want a decent GPU, build yourself a small PC, Mini-ITX for example. Can be had for ~700$ and it's better than any Mac other than Mac Pro.

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

i would not consider a mini as a ideal testplattform for games not even the newest mini in top spec
    you need something where you can upgrade the graphics card ,the ram and with a really high performance processor ,a quad or better eight core, a sli grpaphics card with 1 gb graphics ram , as much ram as possible too,
    you need a gaming rig to be precise , otherwise you will only find that you cannot play with all features at highest settings , and thats the whole point of testing a game otherwise you could just buy a netbook as they can handle most games with settings as low as it gets :rolleyes:
    really ,you cant really test a game if you have to disable or lower most settings and you need to get as many fps as possible , so you simply need a high spec graphics card and that requires a fast plattform
    ..a macpro might just do but only ....just