Looking for good-to-great Webcam for Mac and Windoze

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kristenanne77, Sep 28, 2013.

1. kristenanne77 macrumors regular

I am looking for a med priced webcam from about 60 to 100 bucks that will work with my mac and my windoze computer. A wide angle and good mike is needed because i would like to try it using it , among other things, with some music lessons over the web. I read the logitech reviews but they do not specify mac compatible,... and I would need both windoze and mac. The more reviews I read the more confused I get.

Has anyone experienced this problem and found a decent webcam?

Thanks
    K

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'm just asking to be sure, but if your iMac, Macbook etc's webcam iSight camera can be used on Windows, too, by any program.

If you have a Mac Mini, though, Logitech's webcams usually work on Mac. Sometimes it's just a bit hard to figure out. HERE's a pretty good list.

3. Giuly, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The Logitech C615 works on both Windows and OS X out of the box (Logitech has a list on those), and would be "good".
    [​IMG]

The new Logitech C930e is also stated to work on OS X (10.7+) and would fall into the "great" category.
    [​IMG]

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I am happy with Logitech Webcam Pro C910 it works with both Windows and OSX. :apple:

5. Volkstaia macrumors regular

Volkstaia

Basically any webcam works plug and play with mac, and sure as hell it'll work with windows, so long as on Mac you don't want to use the ****** driver cd that comes with them (you don't need it :p) Ironically, I have a Microsoft webcam that I use on my Mac mini and it works beautifully.