Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olsend81

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
I have been searching ebay and craigslist for any and all kinds of software that will run on my PM G5 tower and its pretty spotty. Does anyone know a good website that has a large selection of used software (games, utilities etc.)

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
I have been searching ebay and craigslist for any and all kinds of software that will run on my PM G5 tower and its pretty spotty. Does anyone know a good website that has a large selection of used software (games, utilities etc.)

I don't know where you can get actual discs of games and utilities for the PPC Mac, but you can go to cnet.com for downloads and filter your criteria for the specific OS.

You can also go to http://mymacintoshcollection.com for advice on specific apps depending on the OS as well.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul

Certain developers provide licenses for older versions of their software if you buy the latest version. Or you could inquire separately and see what they have to say.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador

A store, no. There are sites that have been posted here, but they only share Open Source (GPL) software. Commercial software has been gone for quite a while, there are still some, but not as much as it was back in 2006.

You can check out mine:

http://rodolfohernan20.blogspot.com/search/label/powerpc

:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.