Looking for gps app review

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mac'nCheese, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I was thinking of getting a gps system but figured if you guys loved the tomtom or other iphone gps apps offered for the iPhone, I would just wait until the new phones come out and kill two birds with one stone. I don't need anything fancy in a gps, just wondering if those apps are as good as a basic, stand alone device. Thanks you.

2. Alejandro20 macrumors newbie

3. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    to curb your GPS curiosity go grab:

MostionX GPS Drive $.99 FANTASTIC GPS!

if you want to pay: I have the Magellan app that I love, but i do keep the GPS Drive as a backup because it takes no space 7.5mb on the phone and is a great GPS (it does use the data, meaning it has no onboard maps)

like above post... just do a search for Magellan, Navigon, TomTom, CoPilot etc..... 100's of pages/reviews..... HAPPY READING!! :D

PS DO NOT BUY "G-MAP" GPS it SUCKS!!

4. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I swear there must be something wrong with me or my computer.... I did a "search forums" search for "gps" and didn't find anything.... as one of the posts points out: there are at least five threads answering my question.....:confused:

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Yes, there are tons of threads about this already. I'll just add here that Navigon on my 3gs has entirely replaced my TomTom stand-alone unit. In a few respects it is not quite as good as the TomTom, but in others it is far better. Certainly good enough to stop carrying a second device from car to car. Only thing is I really wish there was a legal way to demo these apps. I would have liked to try the TomTom and Magellan apps too before committing to buy.