looking for headphones, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by No1iSaHero, Jun 12, 2012.

1. No1iSaHero macrumors newbie

I am looking for some in-ear headphones for my commute to school and work. I am not looking to get Bose, or Dre beats, I think they are overrated in my opinion. anyone have any suggestions?

2. boomboom2 macrumors regular

I have a pair of Klipsch earbuds that I got for around $50 that are really great. Klipsch is a great brand for audio.

3. Ray-, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

If you want something nice and cheap, check out these Panasonics I mentioned here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1382385

If you want something nicer, you can't really go wrong with the Klipsch S4i. My only beef with them is that they are Y cords, while I prefer J cords (where the cord for the right ear is longer and goes behind the neck). Reviews all over the interwebs.

4. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

I have been using genuine apple earbud that came with my iPhone lately. I've used one from bose, but if you don't like it, just stick with the one came with with your phone. It looks the best with the iPhone. :)

5. synce macrumors newbie

If you still have Apple's standard earbuds and don't plan on spending $100+ or getting custom fitted buds, I'd say the 'upgrade' isn't worth it.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

1st what is your budget?
    2 what features matter nost
    3 what type of music do you listen to?
    4 what matters are you into the over driven bass like the Dre's that's why people like them. Or are you looking for good reproduced sound quality.
    5 do you want buds like apples or IEM's
    6. it's really difficult for people to honestly know your audio likes and needs.
    7. mee electronics has a nice range of IEM's and prices also look at shure Panasonic, Sony to name a few and last here is a large review on tons of IEM's

242 of them any way!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mul...-vsonic-gr99-gr02-bass-edition-added-06-11-12

7. App King macrumors member

I think klipsch is the best brand for earphones.

8. Punkd macrumors newbie

I use MEElectronics M6P-BK. Sound great. Cost about $20.

9. danetello macrumors 6502

I would highly recommend the sennheiser ie8i in ear headphones, sound quality is perfect

10. TBONE72 macrumors regular

11. jvengineers macrumors newbie

You can go for skullcandy earphones very popular these days :)

12. TLekhi1 macrumors newbie

headphones

:eek: The beats by dr dre studio are a good option if you want to spend over £200.

13. TLekhi1 macrumors newbie

Headphones

And they are £232 at comet in the UK:eek:

14. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

15. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

I recently purchased a pair of ultimate Ears 600vi's. Little over a hundred bucks but these are the best I've had so far for in-ears. Multiple silicone and foam tips, super comfortable, and super clear and crisp sounds. Lots of mostly positive reviews on them.

16. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Yup. Help others help you. Budget? What type of music do you listen to? What headphones have you liked or disliked and why? Sound is a very subjective matter. Give other people something to work with.

17. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

I have the Bowers & Wilkins P5 and they're pretty good, but as others said, we need to know your budget and music tastes. :)

18. JSadler macrumors newbie

Glad I came across this thread. I still use the factory phones that came in the box...press them in to get better sound and deeper bass. ( I know: that's terrible for my ears) So I'm glad to hear some input on the better choices available.