looking for headphones, any recommendations?

No1iSaHero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I am looking for some in-ear headphones for my commute to school and work. I am not looking to get Bose, or Dre beats, I think they are overrated in my opinion. anyone have any suggestions?

boomboom2

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
I have a pair of Klipsch earbuds that I got for around $50 that are really great. Klipsch is a great brand for audio.

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
If you want something nice and cheap, check out these Panasonics I mentioned here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1382385

If you want something nicer, you can't really go wrong with the Klipsch S4i. My only beef with them is that they are Y cords, while I prefer J cords (where the cord for the right ear is longer and goes behind the neck). Reviews all over the interwebs.

Last edited:

oneapplegeek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
I have been using genuine apple earbud that came with my iPhone lately. I've used one from bose, but if you don't like it, just stick with the one came with with your phone. It looks the best with the iPhone. :)

synce

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
If you still have Apple's standard earbuds and don't plan on spending $100+ or getting custom fitted buds, I'd say the 'upgrade' isn't worth it.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
1st what is your budget?
2 what features matter nost
3 what type of music do you listen to?
4 what matters are you into the over driven bass like the Dre's that's why people like them. Or are you looking for good reproduced sound quality.
5 do you want buds like apples or IEM's
6. it's really difficult for people to honestly know your audio likes and needs.
7. mee electronics has a nice range of IEM's and prices also look at shure Panasonic, Sony to name a few and last here is a large review on tons of IEM's

242 of them any way!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mul...-vsonic-gr99-gr02-bass-edition-added-06-11-12

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

I recently purchased a pair of ultimate Ears 600vi's. Little over a hundred bucks but these are the best I've had so far for in-ears. Multiple silicone and foam tips, super comfortable, and super clear and crisp sounds. Lots of mostly positive reviews on them.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
anyone have any suggestions?
Yup. Help others help you. Budget? What type of music do you listen to? What headphones have you liked or disliked and why? Sound is a very subjective matter. Give other people something to work with.

JSadler

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Nashville
Glad I came across this thread. I still use the factory phones that came in the box...press them in to get better sound and deeper bass. ( I know: that's terrible for my ears) So I'm glad to hear some input on the better choices available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.