Looking for HEAVY mice recommendations (from an MX1000 user)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mabaker, Jan 25, 2010.

1. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

Hello there,

I must confess I love heavy mice, I got so spoiled by the MX1000 that I don't want to use any other mice. BUT unfortunately it's gotten discontinued already.

As kind as Logitech was, they sent me a Performance MX as free replacement, yet unfortunately the height of the mouse is pretty uncomfortable as compared to the MX1000.

Also the weight... the Performance MX has like 50% less weight - it feels like I'm moving a box of matches on my desk. ;)

To try it out I also ordered the magic Mouse but I doubt it will be any better in case of weight. I do feel enticed by the many amazing gestures you are getting with the MM, tho and I so hope it will be enough for me to keep it.

Anyone here who used the MX1000 and can't find a good heavy and ergonomic substitute?

Any input is highly appreciated, guys!

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Is this what you are looking for?

The MM is heavy, but shaped nothing like that.

3. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Just a suggestion- The weight thing might be all in your head. If you change the mouse sensitivity to a little lower than what you had it, it might make your lighter mouse feel about the same as your old one. I don't know, it makes sense to me. Try giving it a shot.

4. mabaker thread starter macrumors 65816

mabaker

LOL, I ain't paying this much, redwarrior!

I will try to play with the sensitivity indeed, reebzor. Thanks. :)

Will also report back about how the MM feels compared to the Performance MX and MX1000. And I don't mean ergonomics only, the overall feel of a spoiled spoiled Mac user. :p