Looking for help converting Excel to web... reward?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by rogers106, Sep 10, 2008.

1. rogers106 macrumors member

Hey all,
    I have a project I've been working on... I've gone as far as I know how, and I've looked around for the solution for quite some time to no avail.

I have a pay sheet for a rental company in Excel '07 (*.xlsx) format that serves as a log for job type, details about the job, and then totals the pay due. It cross references across three different sheets, uses some data validation, etc.

It works wonderfully, but now we'd like to put it online with a "submit" button that emails the results (the first sheet) to the owner.

I've been looking for the solution for so long (I've even used those pay for live help websites trying to find the solution!) that I'm willing to offer a small reward for someone who can point me in the right direction. What kind of software or language would help me do this? Do I need to re-code the entire thing? Etc. The reward varies based on how far you can take me.

Post your ideas here or PM them... first come, first serve.

I really appreciate the help!

2. davidwes macrumors regular

Ummm, doesn't google spreadsheets do everything your looking to do?

3. rogers106 thread starter macrumors member

Does Google spreadsheets do data validation, allow me to lock sheets, etc.?

I was under the impression that GS was a rather simple spreadsheet web app... not sure it fits the bill.

4. MCRunning macrumors 6502

PHP and MYSQL?

I'm not exactly sure what your exact specific are, but PHP & MYSQL should be able to do the trick.

MC

5. davidwes macrumors regular

Actually google docs are awesome. The amount of things you can get that program to do is amazing.