Looking for help in regards to a media setup

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by shifomu, Feb 7, 2015.

1. shifomu macrumors member

Hi guys and girls,

I have been searching for the perfect setup to stream my locally stored movies on my iPhone to watch on my TV but there seems to be a catch somewhere with each different setup I have tried.

As I say I have all of my movies downloaded and locally stored onto my iPhone and I wish to remove the use of my MacBook Pro.

Currently I download my movies to my phone through Propopulo and import them into Infuse Pro 3, then from there I beam it to my Apple TV. This has been the closest I have been able to get to the perfect setup as I can do everything from my phone and it also gathers all the metadata for my TV shows and movies. The only slight downside is the formats of the files it can play. I have been unable to get any DTS playback possible meaning that I have to turn DTS off in the app resulting in poor audio. Therefore I wish to find a similar setup that would allow me to stream straight to my Smart TV as I believe it would get around this issue.

Any input would be great, even if you know how to sort the DTS issue out with Infuse Pro, then that would mean I can continue using my Apple TV and my current setup without having to look for alternatives.

Tl;dr

I'm looking for an App that will play my locally stored movies on my iPhone to my smart TV but also have the metadata artwork similar to Infuse/Plex.

2. shifomu thread starter macrumors member

I found the solution to my DTS problem.

Please could an admin delete this thread

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

or maybe, you could post the solution you found, so if others have the same problem you could give them the same help you were looking for.

4. shifomu thread starter macrumors member

My solution was making sure my optical cable was plugged in...

that's why I didn't post a solution.

bye x