Looking for help restoring iPhone to iTunes on new computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dcox20, Oct 8, 2008.

1. dcox20 macrumors newbie

I have a pretty big dilemma - maybe someone can help or point me in the right direction?

My laptop crashed last friday and it had to be sent in to Gateway to be fixed - before they sent it off best buy made a backup of the hard drive (I did get my program files>itunes folder). I have since purchased a new laptop and am trying to rebuild.

Is there any way for me to sync my fully loaded iPhone (apps, pics, music, playlists, etc.) to my new laptop? or will syncing remove my phone's info meaning I have to re-setup my playlists, apps, etc?

help!?

thanks!
    Dave

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

BEFORE you plug in the iPhone setup iTunes.

Take your retrieved media folder from your old computer and put it in the exact same folder on your new computer.

Then install iTunes, when it ask what media folder you want to use...point it to your folder. It will load everything up that you had in your old to the new to include play lists.

Once iTunes is up, you will need to Authorize it through the Store selection at the top left. Insure that you authorize it on the exact same account as you were using on the old.

Once that is all done, you should be able to plug your phone in and sync. It should just run as normal because all the files will still be there associated with the original account.

Good Luck

3. dcox20 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

5. sang6iru macrumors newbie

pc crash

nice to have backup, but how if u dont have a backup?
    i kid just playing with the PC, and hula.... the windows can't boot again. Sortly, the hdd broken, and i can't backup the data.

how to sync my iPhone to my new laptop / PC without any data backup and keep all my iPhone content such as, app, games, music, videos?

please, help!!! :p