Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conamor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
Hi,

We have recorded multiple scenes for a family video, replicating "sleeping beauty". Of course this is all for fun and but we would like to add some effect to the video..

I am looking for 2 things,
- add an effect to the video clips that would make it look like a movie.
- add a sparking effect on the "spindle" which is a regular pencil ;)

Thanks for all the help!

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
For that movie look, I recommend you look through the "Looks" category of video effects to see what works for you, and maybe apply the "Film Grain" effect in the "Stylize" category. It gives your video a warm film-esque color and fine grain look, compared to the "Aged Film" and "Projector" filters that add the usual dust and scratches that is a common effect in video-editing programs.

For the sparkle on the spindle, do you have Motion 5? It's $50, but you can use it to create neat effects and such for your Final Cut Pro X videos.

conamor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
For that movie look, I recommend you look through the "Looks" category of video effects to see what works for you, and maybe apply the "Film Grain" effect in the "Stylize" category. It gives your video a warm film-esque color and fine grain look, compared to the "Aged Film" and "Projector" filters that add the usual dust and scratches that is a common effect in video-editing programs.

For the sparkle on the spindle, do you have Motion 5? It's $50, but you can use it to create neat effects and such for your Final Cut Pro X videos.
Hi,

Thanks so much, I did find the effect and it looks great!

I do not have Motion 5 but at 50$ I'm sure I can find that somewhere! Is it hard to create that sparkling effect?

EditorsKeysUK

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2020
Manchester UK and USA
Hey iMovie has some great aged film looks if you go to the effects browser. You can then adjust the settings to get it looking how you want.
What kind of film do you want it to look like? (A western, action movie etc?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.