Looking for help with old photo, editing and printing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jjk454ss, Oct 26, 2015.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I've got an old photo that I'm looking to have printed and framed. I'm wondering if anything should/could be done with it before printing? Basically want it to look as good as possible. I have a Lossless TIFF file(and a JPEG).

And I'm looking for a recommendation on where to have it printed and framed?

If anyone would take a look, someone with the necessary skills, I could email the file to you. If it's something worth touching up in any way I'd be happy to pay someone to do it.

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I've had a few of my images printed and frame at Adorama. They did an excellent job. Before sending the image I would add more brightness to the images.

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks. Will check them out.

I'm afraid to add brightness or anything doe fear I will make it come out worse.

4. filmbufs macrumors 6502

filmbufs

If you want to send me the image in a message, @jjk454ss, I'll be happy to take a look. We have done some B&W gallery-quality printing at a place in Missouri called H&H Color Lab. The quality is terrific, they provide great customer service, they're affordable and shipping is free.

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Can I send you an email, or a link to my Dropbox instead? I'm trying this from my ipad. Thank you

6. filmbufs macrumors 6502

filmbufs

7. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Adding brightness is my personal preference. Basically what I saw on my computer is what the printed image looks like.

9. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

This is a b&w photo, an a aerial view of my data from 1972. I purchased a pack of 8.5x11 photo paper today so I could play around in PS and see what looks best to me before sending it in to have it professionally printed in a larger scale. So far I actually like the look of it a little darker, it's pretty bright already, kind of seems wahed out or something. Darkening it slightly kind if made the details stand out better.

I'm still playing around with setting to see what looks best. I just have PS Elements, but wish I knew how to use it better. I guess this is a good time to learn it though:)

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Good idea. Sign up with Adorama and wait for the print sales and print a couple.

11. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Didn't know Adorama had offers, thanks. I'll go and sign up for them now.

12. yellowprinting.com macrumors newbie

yellowprinting.com

first, you should get the photos in high resolution to get high quality printing

13. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

They are as high as I can get, it's an old photo that was converted to digital.

14. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Yeah, Adorama will send you links to sale items that you cannot search on their website. Some of the deals will pop on Deal sites too.