Looking for html file browser...not internet browser

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JesterJJZ, Aug 22, 2008.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I'm looking for a way to browse through html files on my computer in the same way I would browse through photos. If I have a bunch of html pages in a folder I want to be able to open them up and scroll through them one by one by hitting an arrow key or the spacebar or something. Anyone know anything like that out there?

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Since the primary purpose of a browser is to read html files, it seems a browser would be the best choice. What about making links to the files, then opening them in tabs, so you could scroll through the tabs?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

ggjstudios is correct. A web browser is your best bet for reading HTML files offline.

4. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

It's just not practical when dealing with 1000+ pages. Modifying each page with forward and back links is also out of the question.

5. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I don't have Leopard so I'm not sure on this, but can quicklook view HTML files? If it can, can't you just hit the spacebar and then press the arrow keys to navigate in the folder?

6. danny_w macrumors 601

Yes, that works. I just tried it.

7. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Ah I was hoping it was something that easy. I'm still on Tiger and tried Preview with no luck.